By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: Beijing Condemns Trump’s Gunboat Diplomacy After China-Bound Tanker Seizure
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Beijing Condemns Trump’s Gunboat Diplomacy After China-Bound Tanker Seizure
Prepping & Survival

Beijing Condemns Trump’s Gunboat Diplomacy After China-Bound Tanker Seizure

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: December 22, 2025 1:30 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published December 22, 2025
Share
SHARE

This article was originally published by Tyler Durden at ZeroHedge. 

Beijing has condemned the U.S. interception of sanctioned crude tankers off the Venezuelan coast after a China-bound oil tanker was seized on Saturday. Beijing said Venezuela has the right to conduct trade with other countries.

Reuters cited China’s foreign ministry spokesperson Lin Jian at a regular press briefing, who said the US seizure of another country’s tanker was a serious violation of international law. Jian added that China opposes all “unilateral and illegal” sanctions.

On Saturday, the U.S. Coast Guard seized the Centuries, which was loaded with 1.8 million barrels of sanctioned Venezuelan crude and was flying under the false name “Crag.” The tanker was bound for China.

China is the largest buyer of Venezuelan crude, but Venezuelan oil accounts for only about 4% of China’s total crude imports.

Reuters reports that data this year show Venezuelan crude exports to China range from 400,000 to 580,000 barrels per day, depending on the period and shipping patterns.

A White House spokesperson told Reuters that the Centuries was a “falsely flagged vessel” and carried sanctioned oil that was part of Venezuela’s shadow fleet.

So far, the US has seized two sanctioned tankers. The first, VLCC Skipper, earlier this month. Skipper is set to be unloaded in the coming days at the Galveston Offshore Lightering Area (GOLA). After Saturday’s seizure, news hit late afternoon Sunday of US forces in pursuit of yet another tanker.

All of this fits within the Trump administration’s gunboat diplomacy foreign policy strategy, which is designed to accelerate regime instability in Caracas while materially weakening Cuba; the core objective is to disrupt financial flows, sever funding channels, and allow second- and third-order effects to follow.

Trump Orders A “Complete Blockade Of Sanctioned Oil Tankers” Coming In and Out Of Venezuela

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Russia Sides With Venezuela During Tensions With The U.S.

There Are No Good Outcomes in Trump’s Latest Attempt at Regime Change in Venezuela

The Continental Bait-and-Switch

Trump’s New “Peace Council” Invites Putin And Other Billionaires to Carve Up Gaza’s Ruins

Price Inflation and the Price of Oil

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
Top 6 New AirGuns Of 2026 You’ll Regret Not Buying!
TacticalVideos

Top 6 New AirGuns Of 2026 You’ll Regret Not Buying!

Line45 Line45 May 18, 2026
Murdoch Children’s Research Institute secures $5M grant to prevent childhood disease
Ford Carrier Strike Group receives Presidential Unit Citation after historic deployment
Cold case killer who chewed cops’ undercover DNA bait faces survivor, families in courtroom showdown
The F4F Wildcat: The little fighter that could
Stop Searching! These Are the Only 9mm Pistols You’ll Ever Need!
Red Sox legend Jason Varitek’s wife appears to take massive swipe at team after ugly ouster
News

Red Sox legend Jason Varitek’s wife appears to take massive swipe at team after ugly ouster

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
Air, Space forces revamp religious accommodations to align with Pentagon guidance
Tactical

Air, Space forces revamp religious accommodations to align with Pentagon guidance

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
Iran Warns The US: Gulf Of Oman Could Become A “Graveyard”
Prepping & Survival

Iran Warns The US: Gulf Of Oman Could Become A “Graveyard”

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?