By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: US has destroyed entire class of Iranian warships, CENTCOM commander says
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
US has destroyed entire class of Iranian warships, CENTCOM commander says
Tactical

US has destroyed entire class of Iranian warships, CENTCOM commander says

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: March 11, 2026 3:33 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published March 11, 2026
Share
SHARE

Since the United States and Israel began their joint offensive against Iran on Feb. 28, the U.S. has targeted and taken out more than 60 Iranian ships, weakening Iran’s naval combat power, according to U.S. Central Command Commander Adm. Brad Cooper.

As the war enters its 12th day, Cooper took to X to provide updates on Operation Epic fury and the ongoing American attacks in Iran.

“We also took out the last of four Soleimani-class warships,” Cooper said. “That’s an entire class of Iranian ships now out of the fight.”

The first of the guided missile Iranian catamarans were delivered to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy in 2022, and were the first Iranian warships to possess vertical launch systems capable of medium-range surface-to-air missiles, according to the U.S. Naval Institute.

To date, the U.S. has struck more than 5,500 targets inside Iran, said Cooper.

The offensive assault is not letting up either.

According to Cooper, on March 10 the U.S. military launched “strike waves nearly every hour from different locations and directions going into Iran,” with the U.S. bomber force taking out a large ballistic missile manufacturing facility.

RELATED

The military strikes — which the commander described as “unpredictable, dynamic and decisive” — will continue to target Iran’s defense industrial base.

The objective of Operation Epic Fury, Cooper reiterated, is to end Iran’s ability to project power and harass shipping.

On Wednesday, the United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations announced on X that three shipping vessels passing through the Strait of Hormuz were hit by an unknown projectile.

U.S. Central Command issued a warning several hours later, cautioning civilians that the Iranian regime was using civilian ports along the Strait of Hormuz to conduct military operations.

“Civilian ports used for military purposes lose protected status and become legitimate military targets under international law,” a CENTCOM press release said.

A high-ranking member of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps warned last week that any vessels traveling through the 100-mile long sea passage would be targeted and met with lethal force, according to Iranian media.

Since Operation Epic Fury began on Feb. 28, roughly 140 troops have been wounded — eight severely — the Pentagon announced Tuesday.

Seven service members have been killed in action so far.

Six died when an Iranian one-way attack drone struck a makeshift operations center at a civilian port in Kuwait on March 1.

Another service member died on March 8 after succumbing to injuries that he sustained on March 1 after Iran attacked Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia.

Riley Ceder is a reporter at Military Times, where he covers breaking news, criminal justice, investigations, and cyber. He previously worked as an investigative practicum student at The Washington Post, where he contributed to the Abused by the Badge investigation.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

When the US went to war with Guam — and no one told them

Space increasingly becoming a warfighting domain, says Space Force chief nominee

US Navy taps Gecko Robotics to help remedy maintenance headaches

Trump heads to Camp David as questions swirl over Iran deal

Iran war depleted US Patriot missile stockpiles, creating readiness challenges, experts say

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend

Walker Buehler takes the mound as red-hot San Diego Padres face Mets in series opener

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 17, 2026
CENTCOM commander visits USS Abraham Lincoln amid mental health concerns
The Thompson Submachine Gun
Virginia police seek others who fired shots in Virginia State University shooting that wounded 5
US Space Force, Japan launch sensor to bolster space surveillance above Indo-Pacific
Scottie Scheffler terrorizes Memphis, Rory McIlroy completely mails it in, and Jordan Spieth is done
‘Everybody loves a winner’: US-Ukraine intel sharing surges as Kyiv racks up wins
Tactical

‘Everybody loves a winner’: US-Ukraine intel sharing surges as Kyiv racks up wins

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 17, 2026
News

Taylor Sheridan’s Lioness keeps fans hooked as latest episode raises the stakes in a big way

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 17, 2026
After traumatic health ‘crash,’ Austin Tice’s mom renews search for answers
Tactical

After traumatic health ‘crash,’ Austin Tice’s mom renews search for answers

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 17, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?