By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: Gunman fired at US consulate in Toronto, second time building was shot at this year
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Gunman fired at US consulate in Toronto, second time building was shot at this year
News

Gunman fired at US consulate in Toronto, second time building was shot at this year

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: July 28, 2026 7:00 am
Jimmie Dempsey Published July 28, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A gunman fired at the U.S. Consulate in Toronto on Monday, marking the second time this year someone shot at the building, according to authorities.

A single shell casing was found at the scene, and there was damage to the building’s facade.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

“The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Canada are open and operating normally, though some routine U.S. citizen services in Toronto are being rescheduled,” the consulate said in a statement.

GUNFIRE SHATTERS TORONTO LATIN STREET FESTIVAL, LEAVING AT LEAST 2 DEAD AND MULTIPLE WOUNDED

Toronto Deputy Police Chief Frank Barredo said there was a high-speed chase after the shooting that lasted an hour. However, no arrest was made and Barredo committed to continuing the search for those involved.

“We will approach this investigation with great seriousness,” Barredo said at a news conference. “We will bring the people responsible for this to justice.”

Toronto Mayor Olivia Chow described the shooting as a “brazen attack.”

“I want to say to the person or persons responsible, we will get you,” she said.

This was the second shooting targeting the U.S. Consulate this year, with the first coming on March 10, when two suspects allegedly fired multiple shots at the building before driving away in a stolen vehicle.

Toronto Police Deputy Chief Frank Barredo

Sheldon Tracy-Stewart, 18, and Zara Jabbi, 19, were arrested last month and charged with multiple offenses in connection with the March shooting. The allegations have not been tested in court.

A police presence has been seen at the consulate since the first shooting.

Barredo said a patrol vehicle was outside the consulate with its lights on when the shooting happened. Two security personnel were also in the building.

Last month, police said they believed multiple shootings, including the one in March, could be tied to “multilayered” gun-for-hire networks that have also targeted Toronto synagogues.

Two popular Jewish-owned bakeries were targeted by gunfire over the weekend.

US CONSULATE IN TORONTO STRUCK BY GUNFIRE, POLICE SAY; NO INJURIES REPORTED

Police in Toronto

Barredo said police had not ruled out a connection between Monday’s consulate shooting and the attacks on the bakeries. The motive for the consulate shooting remains under investigation.

“Investigators will follow the evidence to where it leads,” he said.

Doug Ford, the premier of Ontario, said he was “disgusted” by the recent violence in Toronto.

“I’m totally disgusted by the shootings and vandalism that took place in Toronto over the last few days, including at two Jewish-owned businesses over the weekend and near the U.S. Consulate this morning,” he said on X. “In all cases, active police investigations are underway. I expect all those responsible to be found, prosecuted and punished to the fullest extent of the law.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Tony Romo allegedly refused intoxication test after OWI arrest following Milwaukee golf event: report

Family of Ohio teacher ‘clinging to faith’ after ex-‘American Idol’ contestant husband charged with her murder

Underperforming California school district paying enormous sum to teach kids with a ‘rap curriculum’

Jasmine Crockett’s alleged security guard killed in standoff with Dallas SWAT team: reports

Transgender dolls to be available for Minnesota schoolchildren as young as 4 under Walz-backed program: report

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend

Battle over federal courthouses erupts as GSA warns against giving judiciary more control

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 20, 2026
Sailor charged with murder in shooting death aboard USS John F. Kennedy
Michelle Rodriguez says Hollywood felt like the ‘devil’s world’ after religious upbringing
California lawmakers want corporations to disclose ties to slavery despite uncertain future for reparations
Biden admin released illegal immigrant accused of fatally stabbing Fairfax County mother
El-Sayed’s agenda puts ‘permanently’ changed America on the line in Michigan Senate race, GOP firebrand warns
Prices Just Crashed: 7 Powerful Guns You Can Still Buy Cheap
TacticalVideos

Prices Just Crashed: 7 Powerful Guns You Can Still Buy Cheap

Line45 Line45 August 20, 2026
News

CBP officers seize nearly 850 pounds of khat packed into 12 suitcases after flight from London

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 20, 2026
News

Erika Kirk urges conservative students not to back down in first school year since Charlie’s assassination

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 20, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?