By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: ’60 Minutes’ airs long-delayed ‘Inside CECOT’ segment after being pulled by Bari Weiss
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
’60 Minutes’ airs long-delayed ‘Inside CECOT’ segment after being pulled by Bari Weiss
News

’60 Minutes’ airs long-delayed ‘Inside CECOT’ segment after being pulled by Bari Weiss

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: January 19, 2026 2:17 am
Jimmie Dempsey Published January 19, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

CBS’ “60 Minutes” finally aired its controversial segment on migrants deported to El Salvador’s maximum-security prison, CECOT, Sunday night after being abruptly pulled off the air last month.

In a comment to Fox News Digital, a CBS spokesperson said, “CBS News leadership has always been committed to airing the 60 MINUTES CECOT piece as soon as it was ready.”

“60 Minutes” previously delayed the segment hours before it was set to air in December after it was “determined it needed additional reporting” by editor-in-chief Bari Weiss. The segment, however, aired earlier on Canada’s Global TV app where it quickly spread across social media.

WHO IS SHARYN ALFONSI? ’60 MINUTES’ CORRESPONDENT IS ALLEGING POLITICAL INTERFERENCE IN HER STORY ON CECOT

The segment largely featured the same beats from the original story, which featured correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi interviewing two Venezuelan men who were sent to the El Salvador prison last year.

However, the newly aired segment also featured additional material recorded by Alfonsi which, most notably, included previously unmentioned statements by the Trump administration.

“In a statement to 60 Minutes, the White House said, ‘President Trump is committed to keeping his promises to the American people by removing dangerous criminal and terrorist illegal aliens….’ The administration’s statements are available in full online,” Alfonsi said.

CBS DIDN’T INCLUDE WHITE HOUSE STATEMENT ABOUT ANGEL PARENTS IN CECOT SEGMENT ON ’60 MINUTES’

60 Minutes Logo

The date of comments included in the segment from White House spokesperson Abigail Jackson and Department of Homeland Security Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin were dated Dec. 18 and Dec. 19, respectively, days before the segment was originally set to air.

The original segment did not include comments from the Trump administration, which reportedly became one of the factors that led Weiss to pulling the piece.

Weiss defended what has been her most controversial decision in CBS leadership to staffers in comments later confirmed by Fox News Digital shortly after the delay, saying the story was “not ready.”

’60 MINUTES’ REPORTER LASHES OUT AT BARI WEISS AFTER SEGMENT ON EL SALVADOR PRISON YANKED AT LAST MINUTE

Sharyn Alfonsi and Bari Weiss

“I held a ‘60 Minutes’ story because it was not ready,” Weiss said. “While the story presented powerful testimony of torture at CECOT, it did not advance the ball — the [New York] Times and other outlets have previously done similar work. The public knows that Venezuelans have been subjected to horrific treatment at this prison. To run a story on this subject two months later, we need to do more. And this is ‘60 Minutes.’ We need to be able to get the principals on the record and on camera. Our viewers come first. Not the listing schedule or anything else. That’s my north star and I hope it’s yours, too.” 

Fox News Digital reached out to CBS News for additional comment.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey dismisses new ICE shooting video, says agent ‘walked away with a hop in his step’

Over 190,000 “lethal” doses of cocaine seized in Valentine’s Day week bust at southern border

‘Irregular’ armed guards aboard Russian shadow tankers alarm Nordic-Baltic governments

Over 50 arrested as anti-ICE protesters allegedly hurl rocks at Minneapolis officers during demonstration

UK, France strike new Ukraine security pact as US takes lead in ceasefire enforcement

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
Top 7 Calibers You MUST Stockpile Before 2027 – Don’t Miss Out!
TacticalVideos

Top 7 Calibers You MUST Stockpile Before 2027 – Don’t Miss Out!

Line45 Line45 May 18, 2026
Chicago pastor gathers hundreds of men to declare violence-free zone on South Side
Lindsey Graham warns Republicans, Democrats trying to ‘destroy’ Trump is a losing game after Cassidy defeat
ISIS terror leader at large after US strike kills top commander amid rising Africa threat: analyst
NY governor blamed for ‘lack of leadership’ as railroad strike disrupts more than 300,000 commuters
Jessica Alba stuns in sports bra selfie after ‘get it done’ gym session
Frequent museum visits tied to reduced cellular aging, research finds
News

Frequent museum visits tied to reduced cellular aging, research finds

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 17, 2026
Fleeing Wisconsin driver gets airborne and jumps car over another car during high-speed chase
News

Fleeing Wisconsin driver gets airborne and jumps car over another car during high-speed chase

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 17, 2026
US & Israel Prepare To Attack Iran Next Week
Prepping & Survival

US & Israel Prepare To Attack Iran Next Week

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 17, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?