By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: World Cup fans banned from US travel may be unable to root for teams in person
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
World Cup fans banned from US travel may be unable to root for teams in person
News

World Cup fans banned from US travel may be unable to root for teams in person

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: January 13, 2026 7:59 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published January 13, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

With the World Cup games coming to the U.S. in less than five months, some fans may have to miss out due to travel bans.

President Donald Trump issued a slew of full or partial travel bans to over 30 countries, with four participating in the games, with exemptions available for players and team personnel.

Fans from Iran, Haiti, Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) and Senegal may be unable to travel to the U.S. to cheer on their teams.

VACATION DESTINATION SLAPPED WITH INCREASED TRAVEL ADVISORY DUE TO ‘VIOLENT CRIME’

The U.S. is set to co-host the tournament with Canada and Mexico from June 11 to July 19.

Senegal fan Djibril Gueye told The Associated Press that in his view, if the U.S. is barring certain visitors, then the country “shouldn’t agree to host the World Cup.”

“It’s up to the United States to provide the conditions, the means and the resources to allow the qualified countries, so everyone can go and support their team,” Gueye said.

Another Senegal fan, Sheikh Sy, told the AP that he went to the last World Cup in Qatar and is determined to find a way to go to the 2026 games.

“We’ve traveled everywhere with our team because we are the national fans of Senegal,” he said, as AP reported. “So, since Senegal has qualified for the World Cup, we absolutely have to go.”

The Senegal national team is set to have its first match against France on June 16.

Fatou Diedhiou, president of a group of female Senegal fans, said she is just waiting. 

“The World Cup isn’t here yet; maybe they’ll change their minds. We don’t know. We [will] wait and see.”

General view of flags in Qatar ahead the 2022 World Cup

There were over 3.4 million spectators at the previous 2022 World Cup hosted by Qatar, according to FIFA. 

Players and coaches are also a bit concerned that fans will not be able to cheer them on, according to the AP’s reporting. Team coach Emerse Faé told the outlet it would be a “shame” to deny supporters. 

“I’ve directed my administration to do everything within [its] power to make the 2026 World Cup an unprecedented success.”

He’s hopeful a deal can be reached, however — citing a flashback to Ivory Coast fans facing a similar issue for the Africa Cup in Morocco.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE LIFESTYLE STORIES

“In the end, everything went very smoothly, and they were able to come as long as they had tickets to see the matches. I think things will be sorted out by the time of the World Cup,” Faé said.

The Ivory Coast national team is slated to play its first match on June 14 against Ecuador.

President Trump greets Cole Palmer

Haiti is set up for its debut on June 13 against Scotland — with Iran facing off against New Zealand on June 15.

In November, President Trump announced a “FIFA Pass” visa system that will prioritize appointment scheduling for soccer fans, as Fox News Digital previously reported.

“I’ve directed my administration to do everything within [its] power to make the 2026 World Cup an unprecedented success. I think it’s going to be the greatest, and we are setting records on ticket sales,” Trump said at the time.

“With this FIFA Pass, we can make sure that those who buy a ticket, [who] are legitimate football fans or soccer fans…  [that] they can come and attend the World Cup in the best conditions — starting from getting their visa and then coming, of course, in the country to enjoy,” FIFA President Gianni Infantino added.

TEST YOURSELF WITH OUR LATEST LIFESTYLE QUIZ

Over 400 additional consular officers have been deployed to embassies around the world to handle World Cup-related visa requests.

Fox News Digital’s Scott Thompson, as well The Associated Press, contributed reporting. 

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Fox News ‘Antisemitism Exposed’ Newsletter: Israel to honor ‘incredible human being’ Charlie Kirk

Rebecca Gayheart spotted kissing billionaire boyfriend as she and Eric Dane navigate estranged marriage

Florida county’s Democratic Party chair accused of hitting man in head with bullhorn at ‘No Kings’ protest

Explosions heard in Venezuelan capital of Caracas: reports

REPS. FINE, SELF, HARRIS, Enough is enough: We’ll block the Senate until the SAVE Act passes

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
High school athlete slams CIF’s shared podium rule as humiliating response that fails female competitors
News

High school athlete slams CIF’s shared podium rule as humiliating response that fails female competitors

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 19, 2026
Hegseth campaigns for congressional race, breaking with Pentagon neutrality
Millie Bobby Brown stuns in yellow bikini as fans spot clue about daughter’s name
ISIS leader killed in Africa as US commander raises force reduction concerns
The Lines We Thought Machines Wouldn’t Cross
Amazon announces search for next James Bond is underway, as Hollywood casting choices come under scrutiny
US Navy commissions final littoral combat ship after years of issues
Tactical

US Navy commissions final littoral combat ship after years of issues

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
Ronda Rousey’s 17-second win over Gina Carano wasn’t a letdown; it was vintage | Bobby Burack
News

Ronda Rousey’s 17-second win over Gina Carano wasn’t a letdown; it was vintage | Bobby Burack

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
Canada Confirms A “Presumptive Positive” Test For Hantavirus
Prepping & Survival

Canada Confirms A “Presumptive Positive” Test For Hantavirus

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?