By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: US military flies 2 fighter jets over Gulf of Venezuela
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
US military flies 2 fighter jets over Gulf of Venezuela
Tactical

US military flies 2 fighter jets over Gulf of Venezuela

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: December 10, 2025 1:09 am
Jimmie Dempsey Published December 10, 2025
Share
SHARE

The U.S. military flew a pair of fighter jets over the Gulf of Venezuela on Tuesday in what appears to be the closest American warplanes have come to the South American country’s airspace since the start of the Trump administration’s pressure campaign.

Public flight tracking websites showed a pair of U.S. Navy F/A-18 fighter jets fly over the Gulf — a body of water bounded by Venezuela and only about 150 miles at its widest point — and spend more than 30 minutes flying over water. A U.S. defense official confirmed that a pair of jets conducted a “routine training flight” in the area.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive military operations, could not say if the jets were armed but noted that they stayed in international airspace during their flight.

The official likened the training flight to previous exercises that were aimed at showing the reach of U.S. planes and said the move was not meant to be provocative.

The military has previously sent B-52 Stratofortress and B-1 Lancer bombers to the region, but those planes flew up to and along the coast of Venezuela. There was no indication that those aircraft ever flew as close to the country’s territory as the F/A-18 fighter jets on Tuesday.

The flights are the latest action the U.S. military has taken as it has built up its largest presence in the region in decades and launched a series of deadly strikes on alleged drug-smuggling boats in the Caribbean Sea and eastern Pacific Ocean. President Donald Trump says land attacks are coming soon but has not offered any details on location.

Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro has insisted the real purpose of the U.S. military operations is to force him from office.

The Trump administration is facing increasing scrutiny from lawmakers over the boat strike campaign, which has killed at least 87 people in 22 known strikes since early September, including a follow-up strike that killed two survivors clinging to the wreckage of a boat after the first hit.

Lawmakers are demanding to get unedited video from the strikes, but Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth told congressional leaders Tuesday he was still weighing whether to release it. Hegseth provided a classified briefing for congressional leaders alongside Secretary of State Marco Rubio and other top national security officials.

The same day, Adm. Alvin Holsey, who will be retiring from U.S. Southern Command in this week, spoke separately with the Republican chairman and ranking Democrat on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

Trump has justified the attacks as a necessary escalation to stem the flow of drugs into the United States and asserted the U.S. is engaged in an “armed conflict” with drug cartels.

Flightradar24, one of the websites that allowed the public to see the jets flying in real time, said the planes were the most tracked flights on its site at the time.

Venezuela has claimed that the body of water is part of the country’s national territory, but those claims have been challenged by U.S. legal scholars and the military for decades.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

New commander of US Navy Submarine Force Atlantic takes over

Coast Guard hurt drug interdiction by focusing on migrants, GAO says

Navy seeks new anti-radar missile compatible with F-18, F-35 aircraft

First Look: Galco Launches the Masterbilt Dual Defense Rig

Starlink outage hit drone tests, exposing Pentagon’s growing reliance on SpaceX

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
Inflation Hits HIGHEST Level In Three Years Amid Ongoing War On Iran
Prepping & Survival

Inflation Hits HIGHEST Level In Three Years Amid Ongoing War On Iran

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
Bubba Wallace ‘seeing red’ after being wrecked, female driver rage-quits and cries & NASCAR missed the mark
The little-known Medicare surtax may hammer millions in Obamacare tax battle
Celtics star Jaylen Brown tears into ESPN’s Stephen A Smith as feud escalates: ‘Face of clickbait media’
Classical education and AI could reshape how America prepares its children
Caitlin Clark drops 21 points and 10 assists after WNBA used Raven Johnson in Fever promo graphics
Packing the Supreme Court? Kamala Harris pushes idea as the party quickly forgets about Joe Biden
News

Packing the Supreme Court? Kamala Harris pushes idea as the party quickly forgets about Joe Biden

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
Trump reads Bible as thousands pack National Mall for America 250 prayer rally
News

Trump reads Bible as thousands pack National Mall for America 250 prayer rally

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
Arkansas man allegedly threatened Walmart mass shooting over hantavirus lockdown fears, authorities say
News

Arkansas man allegedly threatened Walmart mass shooting over hantavirus lockdown fears, authorities say

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?