By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: US expected to send thousands of soldiers to Middle East, sources say
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
US expected to send thousands of soldiers to Middle East, sources say
Tactical

US expected to send thousands of soldiers to Middle East, sources say

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: March 24, 2026 6:18 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published March 24, 2026
Share
SHARE

The Pentagon is expected to send thousands of soldiers from the Army’s elite 82nd Airborne Division to the Middle East, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters on Tuesday, adding to the massive military buildup even as the Trump administration seeks talks with Iran.

The officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, did not specify where in the Middle East the troops would go and when they would arrive in the region. The soldiers are stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

The U.S. military referred questions to the White House, which did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

No decision had been made to send troops into Iran itself, one of the sources told Reuters, but they will build up capacity for potential future operations in the region.

The soldiers’ deployment would be in addition to the deployment last week of thousands of Marines and sailors aboard the USS Boxer, an amphibious assault ship, along with its Marine Expeditionary Unit and accompanying warships. The expected deployments come just a day after President Donald Trump postponed threats to bomb Iranian power plants, saying there had been “productive” talks with Iran.

But after Trump’s Truth Social comment on Monday, Iran denied that any talks had been held.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

US Army recovers remains of second soldier reported missing during Moroccan exercise

UK approves US use of British bases to strike Iran missile sites targeting ships

Shrapnel, broken bones and head trauma: New records show how US troops were wounded in Iran war

US Navy ends USS Boise submarine overhaul after price tag soars

Anthropic sues Trump administration seeking to undo ‘supply chain risk’ designation

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
CENTCOM commander visits USS Abraham Lincoln amid mental health concerns
Tactical

CENTCOM commander visits USS Abraham Lincoln amid mental health concerns

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 17, 2026
The Thompson Submachine Gun
Virginia police seek others who fired shots in Virginia State University shooting that wounded 5
US Space Force, Japan launch sensor to bolster space surveillance above Indo-Pacific
Scottie Scheffler terrorizes Memphis, Rory McIlroy completely mails it in, and Jordan Spieth is done
‘Everybody loves a winner’: US-Ukraine intel sharing surges as Kyiv racks up wins
News

Taylor Sheridan’s Lioness keeps fans hooked as latest episode raises the stakes in a big way

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 17, 2026
After traumatic health ‘crash,’ Austin Tice’s mom renews search for answers
Tactical

After traumatic health ‘crash,’ Austin Tice’s mom renews search for answers

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 17, 2026
News

Robot learns to dismantle broken machines

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 17, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?