By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: US countered drone threat over ‘strategic’ installation in early hours of Operation Epic Fury: Guillot
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Tactical

US countered drone threat over ‘strategic’ installation in early hours of Operation Epic Fury: Guillot

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: March 20, 2026 11:42 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published March 20, 2026
Share
SHARE

Forces successfully countered a drone threat over a “strategic” U.S. installation hours into the joint U.S.-Israeli offensive against Iran, according to Gen. Gregory Guillot, commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command.

“In the early hours of Operation Epic Fury last month, a deployed [Fly-Away Kit] successfully detected and defeated sUAS operating over a strategic U.S. installation,” Guillot said in his written statement ahead of a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing Thursday.

Although he did not give details about the installation threatened, Guillot revealed that the threat was defeated by USNORTHCOM’s counter-drone Fly-Away Kit.

The FAK is produced by Anduril and was “designed specifically to detect, track, identify and mitigate drone incursions at military installations within the United States,” USNORTHCOM previously said. The kit is manned by a team of 11 soldiers who became operational as a rapid counter-drone response force last November.

The Defense Department’s lead counter-drone task force, Joint Interagency Task Force 401, did not provide specific details about the location or nature of the incident but told Military Times that the unit will continue to monitor the situation.

“We are aware of the action reported by U.S. Northern Command, and we continue to work closely with them on how best to array our c-UAS capability to defend the homeland,” a spokesperson for the JIATF-401 told Military Times.

“We also work with our law enforcement and interagency partners to monitor and investigate illicit drone use around military installations and other defense critical infrastructure. Our top priority is the safety of our service members and civilian personnel that work and live on the base.”

The FAK features an enhanced array of sensors to detect rogue drones, including Anduril’s Wisp, an AI-infrared system with 360-degree motion sensor; a Heimdal mobile sensor trailer that uses thermal optics and radar; and Pulsar, an AI-enhanced electromagnetic warfare platform.

It uses a self-guided drone interceptor called Anvil to home in on and ram drones out of the sky.

USNORTHCOM expects to receive more of the kits in late spring, according to Guillot’s written testimony.

During the committee hearing Thursday, in response to questions from Sen. Eric Schmitt, R-Mo., Guillot also revealed that the U.S. has seen a spike in drone intrusions over military installations over the the last year.

“Some of that might be due to the fact that we have more detection capability now than we did in the past, and then our ability to defeat them has improved,” Guillot said. “Whereas a year ago, almost every one that was detected was not defeated. Now about a quarter of the ones that we detect we’re able to defeat.”

Guillot stated that he works closely with U.S. Strategic Command to ensure that submarine silos, aircraft bases and other key locations have adequate protection from potential threats posed by small unmanned aircraft systems.

Meanwhile, as a deterrent to drone intrusions, the Defense Department, along with the Federal Aviation Administration and other federal agencies, announced a zero-tolerance policy toward unauthorized drone flights in restricted airspace, with penalties including fines of over $100,000, criminal charges and imprisonment.

About Zita Ballinger Fletcher

Zita Ballinger Fletcher previously served as editor of Military History Quarterly and Vietnam magazines and as the historian of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. She holds an M.A. with distinction in military history.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Top 9 Survival Rifles MILLIONS of Americans Are Rushing to Buy!

Pentagon, Boeing agree to triple PAC-3 seeker production

Pentagon, FAA sign agreement on deploying anti-drone laser system near Mexico

US Navy successfully tests new long-range, winged JDAM out to 200 miles

NORAD intercepts 2 Russian maritime patrol aircraft near Alaska, Canada

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
Iranian national team to train in Mexico during World Cup after base camp switch, federation leader says
News

Iranian national team to train in Mexico during World Cup after base camp switch, federation leader says

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 24, 2026
USMNT roster takes shape under Mauricio Pochettino as US prepares to host World Cup: reports
Giants’ Abdul Carter and Jaxson Dart squash potential locker room rift over Trump event appearance
White House on lockdown after apparent shots fired near executive mansion: reports
Formula 1 legend Alain Prost reportedly injured during robbery by masked gang in Switzerland
Dust-up between Mercedes teammates in Canada Sprint shows that there’s a classic title fight brewing
New York ready to combust as NYPD shut down Knicks watch party outside Madison Square Garden
News

New York ready to combust as NYPD shut down Knicks watch party outside Madison Square Garden

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 23, 2026
You have a credit freeze. It still isn’t enough
News

You have a credit freeze. It still isn’t enough

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 23, 2026
Congo team must isolate to enter United States for World Cup amid Ebola outbreak
News

Congo team must isolate to enter United States for World Cup amid Ebola outbreak

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 23, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?