By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: Trump says US Navy could escort ships through Strait of Hormuz
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Trump says US Navy could escort ships through Strait of Hormuz
Tactical

Trump says US Navy could escort ships through Strait of Hormuz

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: March 3, 2026 11:19 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published March 3, 2026
Share
SHARE

President Donald Trump announced on his proprietary social media platform Tuesday that the U.S. military could help shipping vessels travel through an embattled sea passage as the war against Iran rages on.

In a Truth Social post, Trump offered the possibility of naval assistance and called upon the United States Development Finance Corporation to provide risk insurance that would guarantee the financial security of maritime trade operating near the Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman.

“If necessary, the United States Navy will begin escorting tankers through the Strait of Hormuz, as soon as possible,” Trump said.

A high-ranking member of Iran’s primary military branch, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, warned that any vessels traveling through the 100-mile long sea passage would be targeted and met with lethal force, according to Iranian media.

RELATED

The Strait of Hormuz is a pivotal choke point for oil transit located between Oman and Iran. In 2022, 21 million barrels of oil per day were transported through the strait, according to U.S. Energy Information Administration.

“The strait is closed, and whoever wants to cross, our heroes in the navy of the IRGC and army will set those ships on fire,” said Ebrahim Jabari, a senior adviser to the Revolutionary Guard’s commander-in-chief.

After the U.S. military struck Iran on Feb. 28, maritime traffic in the strait dropped 70%, according to MarineTraffic, a ship tracking service. As tankers became stranded in the Persian Gulf, gas prices jumped an average of 11 cents Tuesday in the U.S., according to AAA motor club.

Riley Ceder is a reporter at Military Times, where he covers breaking news, criminal justice, investigations, and cyber. He previously worked as an investigative practicum student at The Washington Post, where he contributed to the Abused by the Badge investigation.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Largest US military hospital abroad halts labor, delivery services amid Iran war

Experts warn terrorism threat is rising in Africa as US pulls back

Global military spending surges and reaches record high

AAFES boss leaves legacy of benefits for more veterans and stronger perks for all

US Marine Corps releases video showcasing new Medium Landing Ship design

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend

Caitlin Clark, Aliyah Boston and Kelsey Mitchell combine for big nights as Fever fall short against Liberty

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 23, 2026
Police make arrest after gunfire during California high school football game leaves 1 dead
Bandido, Athena put on a show at Ring of Honor’s Death Before Dishonor in Philadelphia
Hasan Piker sings mocking ‘We Are Charlie Kirk’ song at live podcast show
Sydney Sweeney sizzles in Wonder Woman corset costume as she soaks up summer romance with Scooter Braun
Mark Ruffalo fires back at Paramount over ‘appalling’ antisemitism accusation tied to Ellison merger criticism
News

Reality star accused of upstaging bride with ‘too close to white’ gown at son’s wedding

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 22, 2026
News

Federal judge blasts Rubio’s 75-country visa freeze as ‘Orwellian,’ strikes down policy

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 22, 2026
News

Todd Blanche vows to ‘come after’ bad actors following 400M TikTok settlement

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 22, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?