By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: Trump responds to Supreme Court ruling rejecting sweeping tariffs powers: ‘A disgrace’
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Trump responds to Supreme Court ruling rejecting sweeping tariffs powers: ‘A disgrace’
News

Trump responds to Supreme Court ruling rejecting sweeping tariffs powers: ‘A disgrace’

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: February 20, 2026 5:41 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published February 20, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

President Donald Trump has reportedly reacted to the Supreme Court’s 6-3 decision that ruled he does not have the authority to levy sweeping tariffs under a specific emergency powers law.

A source outside the Trump administration told Fox News that an aide came into the closed-door White House breakfast with governors and handed Trump a note about the Supreme Court ruling.

The source said Trump “called it a disgrace, and then he went on with the remarks.”

The high court blocked Trump’s tariffs levied under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act in what amounts to a major test of executive branch authority. 

SUPREME COURT BLOCKS TRUMP TARIFFS IN MAJOR TEST OF EXECUTIVE BRANCH POWERS

Some of the Supreme Court’s nine justices will likely be sitting in the audience when the president delivers the State of the Union address on Tuesday.

In the opinion, the high court declared, “Our task today is to decide only whether the power to ‘regulate… importation,’ as granted to the President in IEEPA, embraces the power to impose tariffs. It does not.”

Trump has made tariffs a key plank of his economic agenda since retaking the Oval Office last year, but his policies have not come without controversy.

SUPREME COURT DEALS BLOW TO TRUMP’S TRADE AGENDA IN LANDMARK TARIFF CASE

Supreme Court building

Republican reaction to the ruling has been mixed.

Rep. Buddy Carter, R-Ga., slammed the high court’s decision.

“The Supreme Court just undercut the President’s ability to defend American workers. President Donald Trump was elected to fight unfair trade and stop the United States from being ripped off. I’m outraged by this decision; it’s clearly judicial overreach,” Carter asserted in a post on X.

But Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., welcomed the ruling.

“In defense of our Republic, the Supreme Court struck down using emergency powers to enact taxes. This ruling will also prevent a future President such as AOC from using emergency powers to enact socialism,” Paul noted in a post on X.

ELECTION INTEGRITY GROUPS PRESS SUPREME COURT TO REQUIRE BALLOTS BY ELECTION DAY

Sen. Rand Paul

Rep. Don Bacon, R-Neb., also hailed the decision.

“The Constitution’s checks and balances still work. Article One gives tariff authority to Congress. This was a common-sense and straightforward ruling by the Supreme Court. I feel vindicated as I’ve been saying this for the last 12 months. In the future, Congress should defend its own authorities and not rely on the Supreme Court. Besides the Constitutional concerns I had on the Administration’s broad-based tariffs, I also do not think tariffs are smart economic policy. Broad-based tariffs are bad economics,” Bacon wrote in a post on X.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Ex-CIA station chief warns Putin using talks to gain leverage as Ukraine delegation meets top Trump officials

CBS reporter calls it ‘patently false’ and ‘dangerous’ to claim Supreme Court is ‘corrupt’

Hollywood outlet slammed for saying Chuck Norris’ politics, ‘cop agenda’ overshadowed his legacy

NY Gov. Hochul to sign bill to legalize physician-assisted suicide: ‘Who am I to deny you?’

‘Menace II Society’ star Samuel Monroe Jr. on life support after meningitis went untreated for months

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
‘Top Gun’ actor defends his reputation after self-imposed, decade-long media ban from ‘mishandled’ profile
News

‘Top Gun’ actor defends his reputation after self-imposed, decade-long media ban from ‘mishandled’ profile

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 21, 2026
The Top 5 Fastest Selling Guns In The U.S. In 2026! #1 Will SHOCK You
Bryson DeChambeau thinks the original moon landing video is fake: ‘I don’t know about the footage’
Trump says Ukraine lacks leverage. His own officials say otherwise.
Owner of daycare in viral Nick Shirley video charged in $4.6M daycare fraud scheme, prosecutors say
Charges grow against Army OB-GYN as victim count rises to nearly 100
Minimalist Almeris En Route from Civivi
Guns and Gear

Minimalist Almeris En Route from Civivi

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 20, 2026
Iran Warns Will Take The War “Beyond The Region” If Trump Restarts Attacks
Prepping & Survival

Iran Warns Will Take The War “Beyond The Region” If Trump Restarts Attacks

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 20, 2026
Ella Langley’s behind-the-scenes ACM Awards video has fans ‘crying all over again’ after record-breaking night
News

Ella Langley’s behind-the-scenes ACM Awards video has fans ‘crying all over again’ after record-breaking night

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 20, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?