By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: Tiger Woods offers first public comments since latest back surgery amid growing concern over golf return
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Tiger Woods offers first public comments since latest back surgery amid growing concern over golf return
News

Tiger Woods offers first public comments since latest back surgery amid growing concern over golf return

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: December 2, 2025 11:18 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published December 2, 2025
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Tiger Woods’ pursuit of the elusive 16th major championship could resume one day — but it remains unclear when that will actually happen.

Woods’ 15 major victories rank second on the all-time majors wins list, trailing only Jack Nicklaus. But Woods’ storied career has been derailed by a long list of injuries and subsequent surgeries. In more recent years, back issues have plagued the golf icon. Earlier this fall, Woods underwent a seventh procedure to address his back.

In his first public comments since the procedure, Woods shared his hopes about eventually returning. The five-time Masters Tournament winner also cautioned that there is no timetable in place for a potential comeback.

“I just started this process,” Woods said at a pre-tournament news conference at the Hero World Challenge. “A disc replacement takes time. It’s longer – it’s not as long as a fusion, thank god, but it’s going to take time.”

Woods’ back troubles first surfaced in 2014. October’s surgery marked the second back procedure for Woods in a roughly 12-month span.

CHARLIE WOODS, TIGER WOODS’ SON, NAILS HOLE-IN-ONE AT TPC SAWGRASS JUNIOR PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT

Aside from his back troubles, Woods also suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon earlier this year. 

Despite the uncertainty swirling around his playing future, Woods did reveal that he was recently cleared to chip and putt. The next step in his recovery involves rebuilding his strength.

Tiger Woods golfing

Woods, 49, will be eligible to compete on the PGA TOUR Champions beginning in 2026. Tournaments on that circuit feature three rounds and permit the use of a golf cart. “I really haven’t gone in depth of what the schedule looks like on the Champions Tour except for a few tournaments.”

Woods is not expected to be ready to compete when the TGL season tees off.

Tiger Woods walking at the Masters

Woods said he is taking a day-by-day approach.

“I’m just looking forward to just let me get back to playing again, let me do that, and then I’ll kind of figure out what the schedule is going to be,” Woods said. “I’m a ways away from that part of it and that type of decision, that type of commitment level. Unfortunately, I’ve been through this rehab process before, it’s just step by step. Once I get a feel for practicing, exploding, playing, the recovery process, then I can assess where I’m going to play and how much I’ll play.”

Woods has been away from competitive golf since July’s The Open Championship. The only time he made the cut this season was in April at the Masters. He missed the cut in the season’s three remaining majors.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

UFO secret files, drone swarms and nuclear-linked sightings stun experts in 2025

Golden Globe Awards 2026: Selena Gomez, Brittany Snow and Amanda Seyfried dazzle on red carpet

White House official presses allies to free AI from innovation-killing regulations

SEN ROGER MARSHALL: Trump medical transparency initiative could save $1 trillion

Media ‘complicity’ blamed as feds say Minnesota fraud crisis could reach $9B: ‘Shown their true colors’

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
Award-winning chef says popular retailer has elite beef at bargain prices
News

Award-winning chef says popular retailer has elite beef at bargain prices

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 21, 2026
Sen Blackburn says sports betting hearing likely first of ‘several’ as Congress weighs federal action
Brooklyn mother who drowned her three children in the ocean near Coney Island sentenced to decades in prison
Colorado Democrats formally censure Gov Polis over Tina Peters commutation
String of burglaries rocking LA residential area committed by South American gangs, DA says
Thunder hold off Victor Wembanyama as SGA puts his stamp on Western Conference Finals in game two win
Former DOJ prosecutor charged with stealing confidential Jack Smith investigation documents about Trump
News

Former DOJ prosecutor charged with stealing confidential Jack Smith investigation documents about Trump

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 21, 2026
Geaux Tigahs, again: Ed Orgeron returns to LSU, joining Lane Kiffin’s chaos crew on the Bayou
News

Geaux Tigahs, again: Ed Orgeron returns to LSU, joining Lane Kiffin’s chaos crew on the Bayou

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 21, 2026
LeBron James fuels Cleveland Cavaliers reunion speculation after appearing to like Instagram post about return
News

LeBron James fuels Cleveland Cavaliers reunion speculation after appearing to like Instagram post about return

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 21, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?