By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: Rosie O’Donnell accuses CBS of giving Trump a ‘bribe’ by settling ’60 Minutes’ lawsuit
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Rosie O’Donnell accuses CBS of giving Trump a ‘bribe’ by settling ’60 Minutes’ lawsuit
News

Rosie O’Donnell accuses CBS of giving Trump a ‘bribe’ by settling ’60 Minutes’ lawsuit

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: July 28, 2026 1:06 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published July 28, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Liberal comedian Rosie O’Donnell accused CBS of “capitulating” to President Donald Trump on Monday during “The View” co-host Ana Navarro’s podcast, saying the network’s $16 million settlement of his “60 Minutes” lawsuit was a “bribe” that undermined an independent press.

Appearing on “Bleep! with Ana Navarro,” O’Donnell invoked former CBS late-night host Stephen Colbert, who used similar language while criticizing the agreement on his show last year.

“[CBS] capitulated. They did exactly what Stephen Colbert said they did,” O’Donnell said. “They gave him a bribe and it’s unforgivable.”

ROSIE O’DONNELL CLAIMS TRUMP HAS ‘PTSD RESPONSE’ TO HER AS BACKLASH ERUPTS

O’Donnell said the agreement demonstrated why she believed the country no longer had a sufficiently independent media establishment to scrutinize the government.

“We need a very vibrant, alive, independent media,” O’Donnell said. “And we no longer have it in this country.”

The CBS case concerned the network’s editing of an October 2024 “60 Minutes” interview with then-Vice President Kamala Harris. Trump accused CBS of deceptively editing Harris’ answer about Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to benefit her before the presidential election.

Paramount Global and CBS settled the lawsuit in July 2025 for $16 million, covering legal costs and a contribution to Trump’s future presidential library or charitable causes. The agreement contained no apology or admission of journalistic wrongdoing, and no money was paid directly to Trump.

Trump’s legal team portrayed the settlement as a victory over the media.

“CBS and Paramount Global realized the strength of this historic case and had no choice but to settle,” a Trump legal spokesperson said at the time.

SHARYN ALFONSI OUT AT ’60 MINUTES’ AFTER FEUD WITH BARI WEISS, RIPS CBS FOR ‘CHILLING MESSAGE’ TO NEWSROOM

Rosie O'Donnell standing at the 79th Annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York City

During the discussion with Navarro on Monday, O’Donnell referred to Trump as a “convicted sexual rapist” while explaining why she moved to Ireland following his 2024 election victory. Navarro cautioned her against the description, prompting O’Donnell to turn to CBS and its settlement.

Trump was not criminally convicted of rape. A civil jury found him liable for sexually abusing and defaming writer E. Jean Carroll. ABC News separately agreed to pay $15 million toward Trump’s future presidential foundation or museum after anchor George Stephanopoulos repeatedly said Trump had been found liable for rape.

Fox News Digital reached out to the White House and CBS for comment, but did not immediately receive a response.

TRUMP THREATENS TO ADD NY TIMES’ ‘TREASONOUS’ IRAN WAR COVERAGE TO $15B DEFAMATION LAWSUIT

Rosie O'Donnell smiles for the camera at the London performance of

Colbert criticized the CBS settlement with Trump on “The Late Show” last year because Paramount was awaiting federal approval of its multibillion-dollar merger with Skydance Media.

“I believe this kind of complicated financial settlement with a sitting government official has a technical name in legal circles. It’s ‘big fat bribe,’” Colbert said.

CBS announced three days later it would cancel “The Late Show” at the end of the 2025-2026 season, calling the move a financial decision unrelated to Colbert’s content or other developments at Paramount. 

“It is not related in any way to the show’s performance, content or other matters happening at Paramount,” CBS said in a July 2025 press release.

Colbert hosted the program’s final episode in May.

The Federal Communications Commission approved Skydance’s $8 billion acquisition of Paramount three weeks after the settlement. The merger closed in August 2025. Paramount maintained during the proceedings that Trump’s lawsuit was “completely separate from, and unrelated to, the Skydance transaction and the FCC approval process.”

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Rentals now allowed in historic water tower on King Charles’ Sandringham Estate where royals spend Christmas

Melania Trump adviser turns up the heat on Kimmel after ‘expectant widow’ fallout

Florida teacher charged for alleged sexual relationship with student who lived with her

Jelly Roll’s wife Bunnie Xo breaks silence on divorce, gets emotional about final fight

Pro wrestling star says missing brother taken to hospital after being found

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend

Virginia man acquitted by insanity in killing flees US during 48-hour mental hospital pass

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 18, 2026
Saints first-round pick Jordyn Tyson could miss 2 months with hamstring injury from training camp
US awards Raytheon $22.9 billion deal to boost Tomahawk output
Man calls 911 after girlfriend found dead in motel, police allegedly uncover disturbing videos on his phone
Trump orders Pentagon to cut back military exercises with South Korea
Penn State cocaine bust nets 14 arrests over alleged pledge coke-cutting ‘indoctrination’ rituals
Former Air Force secretary to join others in lawsuit against White House to regain security clearance
Tactical

Former Air Force secretary to join others in lawsuit against White House to regain security clearance

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 17, 2026
News

Falcons coach Kevin Stefanski may poach former Pro Bowl pass rusher from Browns team that fired him

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 17, 2026
USS John F. Kennedy completes acceptance sea trials
Tactical

USS John F. Kennedy completes acceptance sea trials

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 17, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?