By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: Melissa Gilbert pushes back on ‘untruth’ as husband faces child sex abuse charges
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Melissa Gilbert pushes back on ‘untruth’ as husband faces child sex abuse charges
News

Melissa Gilbert pushes back on ‘untruth’ as husband faces child sex abuse charges

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: April 6, 2026 4:52 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published April 6, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Melissa Gilbert publicly addressed long-circulating allegations involving her husband, Timothy Busfield, as he faces fresh child sex abuse charges.

In the criminal complaint against the “West Wing” actor, two separate allegations from Busfield’s past were mentioned. Busfield was accused by two women of sexual assault stemming from incidents in 1994 and 2012. Gilbert insisted she knew “the truth” of what happened when she married Busfield in 2013.

“I need to make something abundantly clear,” Gilbert, 61, said during an appearance on “Good Morning America.” “These allegations have been out in the ether for a very long time.”

“When Tim and I got together, the internet existed. I didn’t go into my relationship blind. I’m neither naive nor am I complicit,” she said. “I talked to him about it. I asked him questions about it. I heard his side of the story — which nobody has ever heard — which is the truth. And when the time is right, and that is not now, Tim will tell the truth of all of these past allegations when he needs to.”

TIMOTHY BUSFIELD PLEADS NOT GUILTY TO CHILD SEX ABUSE CHARGES

A grand jury indicted Busfield on four counts of criminal sexual contact of a child earlier this year. He pleaded not guilty to all charges on Feb. 11. Two 11-year-old twins alleged that the director had touched them inappropriately while working together on the set of “The Cleaning Lady.”

During her first sit-down interview, Gilbert insisted Busfield isn’t capable of doing what the young boys have accused him of.

“No one knows him better than I do,” she explained. “I know literally everything about him. Our marriage has, you know, we’ve had a lot of ups and downs. We’ve been through struggles, we’ve had our own issues to deal with and we worked through everything.”

MELISSA GILBERT STANDS BY ‘PROTECTOR’ TIMOTHY BUSFIELD AS SHE’S NAMED ON WITNESS LIST IN CHILD SEX ABUSE CASE

“He’s nothing if not completely honest with me,” Gilbert added. “I trust him with my children’s lives, with my grandchildren’s lives, my nieces and nephews. He is an honorable, caring, generous human being.”

Gilbert and Busfield were both previously married and blended their families in a wedding ceremony held in April 2013.

Gilbert is a mom to two adult sons, Dakota and Michael, while Busfield is a dad to three kids – Samuel, Daisy and Wilson.

Melissa Gilbert thanking God after judge orders Timothy Busfield released from custody in courtroom

TIMOTHY BUSFIELD’S DEFENSE BLAMES ‘STAGE PARENTS’ WITH FRAUD HISTORY FOR CHILD SEX ABUSE CHARGES

The “Little House on the Prairie” star said this has been “the most traumatizing experience of our lives,” and admitted the allegations have upended their future for good.

“What has this whole episode been like for you?” George Stephanopoulos asked Gilbert. “Hell,” she responded.

“Our life as we knew it is done,” she quickly explained. “We are grieving what we had – all of our plans, all of our dreams, all of our ideas, all of our projects. For Tim, it’s done. He’s canceled. Even if he’s exonerated, he will always be that guy. [He’s] the last person in the world who would hurt a child. And believe me, if I thought for a second that Tim Busfield hurt a child, he’d have a lot more to worry about than prison.”

Timothy Busfield seated in courtroom during pre-trial detention hearing in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Busfield had turned himself in to authorities in January on related charges by police and was released from jail by a judge who found no pattern of criminal conduct or similar allegations involving children in Busfield’s past. The grand jury indictment allows the case against Busfield to proceed toward possible trial without a preliminary courtroom hearing on evidence.

An investigator with the Albuquerque Police Department said a boy reported that Busfield touched his private areas over his clothing when he was 7 years old and again when he was 8, according to the initial criminal complaint from police. The boy’s twin told authorities he was also touched by Busfield, but he didn’t say anything right away because he didn’t want to get in trouble, the complaint said.

LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING? CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Melissa Gilbert sitting with husband Timothy Busfield inside their home in Brighton Michigan

Each count in the indictment against Busfield carries a possible penalty of six years in prison that can be enhanced if it involves a sexual offense, according to prosecutors.

Gilbert explained why she chose to speak out now, after months of silence from the actress.

“It’s time,” she said on “GMA.” “We’ve been hearing and reading too much — untruth,” she added. “And we felt that the time was right to speak out. Also, honestly, I wasn’t capable until now. It’s been a very traumatic time.”

Busfield’s lawyer, Larry Stein, told Fox News Digital: “We appreciate George for taking the time to clarify some important facts in this case. We hope the remainder of the interview airing on tonight’s ‘Nightline’ will make clear that the parents are criminals: one served more than three years in jail and lost their license to practice law for defrauding 1,500 people of $6,000,000, and the other for writing bad checks and stealing cars.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Live possum discovered hiding among plush toys in an Australian airport gift shop

Former Florida law enforcement officer accused of forcing 6-year-old underwater in hotel pool: report

Maxx Crosby describes roller coaster of emotions during tenuous Ravens ordeal, including ‘off’ meeting

Ole Miss-Georgia Sugar Bowl thriller ends with delayed celebrations as officials demand last second be played

Neighbor fatally shoots alleged gunman after two women shot in domestic dispute

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
Bubba Wallace ‘seeing red’ after being wrecked, female driver rage-quits and cries & NASCAR missed the mark
News

Bubba Wallace ‘seeing red’ after being wrecked, female driver rage-quits and cries & NASCAR missed the mark

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
The little-known Medicare surtax may hammer millions in Obamacare tax battle
Celtics star Jaylen Brown tears into ESPN’s Stephen A Smith as feud escalates: ‘Face of clickbait media’
Classical education and AI could reshape how America prepares its children
Caitlin Clark drops 21 points and 10 assists after WNBA used Raven Johnson in Fever promo graphics
Packing the Supreme Court? Kamala Harris pushes idea as the party quickly forgets about Joe Biden
Trump reads Bible as thousands pack National Mall for America 250 prayer rally
News

Trump reads Bible as thousands pack National Mall for America 250 prayer rally

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
Arkansas man allegedly threatened Walmart mass shooting over hantavirus lockdown fears, authorities say
News

Arkansas man allegedly threatened Walmart mass shooting over hantavirus lockdown fears, authorities say

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
Austin police arrest 2 juveniles allegedly linked to 12 random shootings injuring 4 people
News

Austin police arrest 2 juveniles allegedly linked to 12 random shootings injuring 4 people

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 18, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?