By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: LIV Golf’s New Orleans event cancelled weeks after CEO vowed season would go on ‘full throttle’
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
LIV Golf’s New Orleans event cancelled weeks after CEO vowed season would go on ‘full throttle’
News

LIV Golf’s New Orleans event cancelled weeks after CEO vowed season would go on ‘full throttle’

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: April 28, 2026 1:27 am
Jimmie Dempsey Published April 28, 2026
Share
SHARE

The LIV Golf Tour seems to be at a major turning point. 

Rumors swirled about the breakaway golf format over the last few weeks, when reports broke that an announcement was imminent about the future of the Tour and its relationship with the Saudi Arabia-backed Public Investment Fund. 

Then, LIV CEO Scott O’Neil confirmed that the Saudis would be pulling their financial support for LIV after the end of the 2026 season. While most have assumed that would mean the end of the league entirely, O’Neil told TNT Sports that he had a “business plan” to keep the league going. 

“The reality is you’re funded through the season, and then you work like crazy as a business to create a business and a business plan to keep us going. But that’s not different from any other private equity-funded business in the history of man,” O’Neil said.

PHIL MICKELSON: ‘WE ALL OWE’ ELON MUSK ‘HUGE DEBT OF GRATITUDE’ FOR HELPING USA ‘BECOME FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE’

Whether the league can secure funding from other sources after the season remains to be seen, but O’Neil was adamant in an internal memo that the remainder of the 2026 season would go on “exactly as planned, uninterrupted, and full throttle.”

Well, that’s officially no longer the case.

LIV backs out of upcoming event in Louisiana

Local Louisiana media outlet WDSU reported on Monday afternoon that the Tour’s event in New Orleans in late-June would no longer take place as scheduled. An announcement, the report said, could come as soon as Tuesday. 

Per WDSU, the state of Louisiana postponed the event until “LIV can restructure financially and find additional sources of funding.” 

The Athletic reported that there are still hopes of hosting a “re-envisioned event in the fall” in New Orleans, though what that event would entail is also unclear. The state had already spent roughly $2 million to improve the Bayou Oaks in City Park golf course, and paid a $1.2 million hosting fee to LIV. That $1.2 million will reportedly be returned to the state.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

Without question, it is a concerning sign for the financial state of the Tour that this event has been canceled. And it raises questions about the rest of the summer schedule. Without the Louisiana event, LIV no longer has a tournament between June 4-7 in Spain and July 23-26 in the United Kingdom. 

The next stop is LIV Golf Virginia at Trump National Golf Club in Lowes Island on May 7-10 before they head to South Korea in late May.

Scott O'Neil and Gayton McKenzie attending a press conference in Johannesburg

How this plays out for the remainder of 2026, 2027 and beyond is anyone’s guess. Bryson DeChambeau’s contract, arguably LIV’s biggest draw, expires at the end of the year. And given his earnings, and the earnings and promises made to players like Jon Rahm, other investors will have a hefty bill to foot should they want to keep LIV going as currently constructed. 

The cancellation of the Louisiana event implies that there might be more uncertainty there than O’Neil has been willing to admit.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

CNN liberal panelist argues billions spent on defense should go to health insurance instead

Another Democrat exits California’s crowded gubernatorial race weeks before the June 2 primary election

Colorado Democrats formally censure Gov Polis over Tina Peters commutation

Mexico beauty queen found shot dead as investigators examine possible family involvement: reports

‘Milestone’: Scientists claim to build synthetic cell, raising concerns in step toward artificial life

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend

As a US attorney, I see fentanyl’s horrifying toll up close. Congress must act now

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 21, 2026
Peyton Manning’s freshman son makes his debut, but freak running back steals the show
Singham-linked nonprofits fight House subpoenas, accuse lawmakers of McCarthy-era ‘witch hunt’
Apple spyware warning hits iPhones in 110 countries
Paige Bueckers grabs Caitlin Clark’s arm, draws foul in tense moment before halftime of Wings win over Fever
US Army to end experimental drone battalion in Europe
News

Longest-serving US prisoner dies at 101 after escaping death penalty 8 times

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 21, 2026
News

‘Darth Vader’ uses dark side to mock controversial surveillance cameras: ‘The Emperor is a fan of Flock’

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 21, 2026
News

Charter plane with 8 aboard crashes near remote radar site in western Alaska

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 21, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?