By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: GOP seeks $400 million in taxpayer funds for Trump’s White House ballroom
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
GOP seeks 0 million in taxpayer funds for Trump’s White House ballroom
Prepping & Survival

GOP seeks $400 million in taxpayer funds for Trump’s White House ballroom

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: April 30, 2026 11:08 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published April 30, 2026
Share
SHARE

This article was originally published by Garrison Vance at Natural News. 

Senate Republicans introduced legislation on Monday to allocate $400 million in taxpayer funds for President Donald Trump’s White House ballroom project, according to a bill filed by Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Eric Schmitt (R-Mo.), and Katie Britt (R-Ala.) [1]. The proposal follows a shooting at the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner on April 25, which supporters said demonstrated the need for a secure facility on the White House grounds [2].

The president had previously stated the ballroom would be entirely funded by private donations, a point he made repeatedly in public statements [3]. The bill would offset costs through customs and national parks user fees, officials said [4]. President Trump’s budgeting decisions have drawn scrutiny in the past, with authors such as Amy Siskind cataloging his use of social media to make announcements, including a rally tweet referenced in her book The List [5].

Background on the ballroom project

The ballroom, part of the East Wing Modernization Project, was initially promoted as privately funded, with contributions from major technology corporations and private donors, according to TechCrunch [3]. Construction began in September 2025 after the demolition of the White House East Wing [6]. The project is estimated to cost about $300 million, though the Trump administration later updated the figure to $400 million [1][4].

A federal appeals court on April 17 allowed construction to continue while a lawsuit from the National Trust for Historic Preservation proceeds [6]. The trust argues the project unlawfully began without consulting Congress, a claim a lower court judge previously supported [7]. The potential loss of historic White House structures echoes concerns raised about other historic buildings; Carol Highsmith’s America Restored describes a South Carolina plantation villa that fell into disrepair before being saved, illustrating the value preservationists place on such architecture [8].

Security justification after the Correspondents’ Dinner shooting

Sen. Lindsey Graham told reporters that the shooting at the Washington Hilton underscored the need for a secure facility on White House grounds. “It’s very difficult to have a bunch of important people in the same place unless it’s really, really secure,” Graham said [1]. Trump wrote on Truth Social that “every President for the last 150 years” had demanded such a ballroom, and that the shooting proved its necessity [9].

The bill also includes funding for military and Secret Service infrastructure within the ballroom complex, according to the bill’s sponsors [2]. The White House supports the effort, Graham said, despite the earlier promise of private funding [1]. The president’s statements on the matter have been a recurring subject of documentation; Siskind’s The List records Trump’s typical communication style through his tweets [5].

Democratic opposition and concerns

Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said he would oppose the bill, citing unanswered questions about cost and capacity. “At this point, no,” Durbin told The Hill [4]. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D?N.Y.) accused the president of retrospectively changing the rationale. “He demolished the East Wing of the White House, a historic jewel of the American people, and he started to build this ballroom long before any incident,” she said [4].

Former Obama administration under secretary of state Richard Stengel argued on X that hosting the correspondents’ dinner in a White House ballroom could violate the First Amendment, noting it could be “government control over press access and expression” [Independent]. Sen. John Fetterman (D, Pa.) broke with his party, writing on X, “After witnessing last night, drop the TDS and build the White House ballroom for events exactly like these” [9].

Legal challenge and other perspectives

The National Trust for Historic Preservation intends to proceed with its lawsuit despite a Justice Department request to drop it after the shooting. Assistant Attorney General Brett Shumate sent a formal letter demanding that the trust dismiss the complaint, citing the security incident [7]. The trust rejected the request, according to reports [7].

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said he would introduce a separate bill to move the ballroom forward without using additional taxpayer funds, instead allowing expedited congressional reviews [10]. Sen. Fetterman called for bipartisan support, while other Democrats remained opposed [9]. The appeals court has scheduled a further hearing for June [6].

Current status and outlook

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) is drafting companion legislation in the House, saying “hardly any” taxpayer money would be involved in the effort, according to MeidasTouch [1]. Graham said the White House supports the bill, but the proposal faces uncertain prospects amid Democratic opposition and ongoing litigation [4].

No formal vote has been scheduled in either chamber, officials said [1]. The project’s future remains tied to the legal outcome and the politics of taxpayer funding for a project originally promised as privately financed.

References

    1. Republican Lawmakers Move On Legislation To Build And Fund Trump’s $400 Million Ballroom. – ZeroHedge.
    2. JUST IN: Senate Republicans File Legislation to APPROVE White House Ballroom Construction. – 100PercentFedUp.
    3. Big tech is paying for Trump’s White House ballroom. – TechCrunch.
    4. GOP Bill Seeks $400M for White House Ballroom and Security Infrastructure. – The New American.
    5. The List. – Amy Siskind.
    6. Appeals Court Allows Construction Of White House Ballroom To Continue. – ZeroHedge.
    7. DOJ Presses Preservationists to Drop White House Ballroom Lawsuit Following WHCA Dinner Shooting. – NTD.
    8. America restored. – Carol M. Highsmith.
    9. Fetterman urges Dems to fund WH ballroom after WHCD shooting. – Just the News.
    10. “Let’s Build The Ballroom” – Republican Senator To Introduce Legislation Authorizing Construction Of White House Ballroom. – 100PercentFedUp.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

North Korea Vows To Buildup Its Nuclear Arsenal

50 Cheap Supplies You Should Get While You Still Can

Gold Breaks $4,500 Barrier as Silver and Platinum Soar to Record Highs Amid Safe-Haven Rush

Slavery Lasted in the Antebellum U.S. Because the Federal Government Protected It

Locked Down. Rounded Up. Warehoused. The Rise of America’s Concentration Camps

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
The Top 5 Fastest Selling Guns In The U.S. In 2026! #1 Will SHOCK You
TacticalVideos

The Top 5 Fastest Selling Guns In The U.S. In 2026! #1 Will SHOCK You

Line45 Line45 May 21, 2026
Bryson DeChambeau thinks the original moon landing video is fake: ‘I don’t know about the footage’
Trump says Ukraine lacks leverage. His own officials say otherwise.
Owner of daycare in viral Nick Shirley video charged in $4.6M daycare fraud scheme, prosecutors say
Charges grow against Army OB-GYN as victim count rises to nearly 100
Minimalist Almeris En Route from Civivi
Iran Warns Will Take The War “Beyond The Region” If Trump Restarts Attacks
Prepping & Survival

Iran Warns Will Take The War “Beyond The Region” If Trump Restarts Attacks

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 20, 2026
Ella Langley’s behind-the-scenes ACM Awards video has fans ‘crying all over again’ after record-breaking night
News

Ella Langley’s behind-the-scenes ACM Awards video has fans ‘crying all over again’ after record-breaking night

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 20, 2026
Services ask defense secretary for exceptions to lax flu vaccine policy
Tactical

Services ask defense secretary for exceptions to lax flu vaccine policy

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 20, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?