By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: DHS demands New York sanctuary politicians honor detainer for man convicted of raping corpse on subway
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
DHS demands New York sanctuary politicians honor detainer for man convicted of raping corpse on subway
News

DHS demands New York sanctuary politicians honor detainer for man convicted of raping corpse on subway

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: June 23, 2026 7:20 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published June 23, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

FIRST ON FOX: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) blasted New York Governor Kathy Hochul and New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani over “sanctuary” policies, demanding the two honor an Immigration and Customs Enforcement detainer for an illegal migrant convicted of raping a corpse.

Felix Jeronimo-Rojas, 44, was sentenced to five years in prison on Wednesday for sexually assaulting and raiding the pockets of 37-year-old Jorge Gonzalez while he sat dead on the R train near Lower Manhattan’s Whitehall Street station, according to the New York Post.

The Mexican national pled guilty to the charges.

“This sicko robbed and raped the corpse of a dead man on a New York City subway,” said Lauren Bis, Acting Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs at the DHS. “ICE lodged a detainer asking Governor Kathy Hochul and New York sanctuary politicians to commit to not releasing this criminal illegal alien after his prison sentence. We need cooperation from sanctuary politicians to ensure depraved criminals like this are not released into our communities.”

DHS CRITICIZES PLEA DEAL THAT COULD FREE MIGRANT AFTER GUILTY PLEA IN TEEN ASSAULT CASE

On April 8, 2025, Gonzalez boarded the train at around 7:52 p.m., according to the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office. Authorities said he stayed in the same spot for several hours before losing consciousness at around 10:48 p.m. Jeronimo-Rojas got on the train several minutes later and at 11:45 p.m., he began violating Gonzalez while he was unresponsive, prosecutors said.

DHS lodged an immigration detainer for Jeronimo-Rojas on April 30, 2025, the agency exclusively told Fox News Digital. The department is continuing to demand that this detainer is honored by New York state and city officials at the conclusion of his sentence.

Fox News Digital reached out to the offices of Hochul and Mamdani for additional comment.

Hochul oversees state laws that limit cooperation with federal immigration enforcement, while Mamdani is responsible for how city agencies, including the New York Police Department and the Department of Correction, implement the city’s sanctuary policies.

WAVE OF ALLEGED MIGRANT MURDERS IGNITES FURY ACROSS US AS OFFICIALS WARN OF MORE CARNAGE, CRACKDOWN NEEDED

An undated photo of Jorge Gonzalez, 37, who died on the R train in Manhattan on April 8, 2025

In a statement to Fox News Digital, DHS said New York state released 6,947 illegal immigrants that were convicted of crimes last year between Jan. 20 and Dec. 1.

Jeronimo-Rojas has illegally entered the United States four times between 1998 and 1999, according to DHS. Each time, he voluntarily returned to Mexico after encounters with U.S. Border Patrol.

Jeronimo-Rojas then re-entered the country “for FIFTH time at an unknown date and location,” DHS said.

MIGRANT ACCUSED OF SEX CRIMES AGAINST CHILD ARRESTED AFTER DETAINER REQUEST IGNORED, ICE SAYS

Roughly three weeks after committing the crime, Jeronimo-Rojas turned himself in to the NYPD. Per the New York Post, Jeronimo-Rojas acknowledged he was caught on surveillance footage but denied the rape and the robbery.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul and New York City Mayor-elect Zohran Mamdani standing together at a conference in San Juan Puerto Rico

Jeronimo-Rojas did not speak at his sentencing hearing and took a plea deal that will include 15 years of supervised release after his initial five-year prison sentence.

Gonzalez, his victim, came to the U.S. about 20 years ago to work and support his loved ones in Mexico, his family told the New York Post.

“He wasn’t just a random person, he was a father, he was a family man, he cared about his family in Mexico,” his 38-year-old wife Teresa told the outlet.

“He did construction, he worked in kitchens, he worked as a waiter, he was a busboy. You know, anything you really could do to try to get ahead,” said Teresa, who was separated from him for six years.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Morgan Wallen teases new music with viral Instagram post that has the country music world buzzing

Trade vessel struck by projectile in Strait of Hormuz amid US-Iran talks

LIV Golf CEO sends rallying memo to staff after reports Saudi funding could end after this season

Democrats reportedly forced to ‘grapple uncomfortably’ with World Cup success under Donald Trump

University of Texas System to restrict teaching ‘unnecessarily controversial subjects’

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
Shocking Facts About the DEADLY of .45 ACP – What They Don’t Tell You!
TacticalVideos

Shocking Facts About the DEADLY of .45 ACP – What They Don’t Tell You!

Line45 Line45 August 18, 2026
Appeals court rules Trump admin unlawfully appointed Nevada’s top federal prosecutor
Newly released data shows which American cities have the most passionate fanbases in the NFL
DOJ opens probe into prestigious college over alleged discrimination favoring minority students
First Look: 1911 DS Prodigy 3.5” AOS 9mm
Stephen A Smith goes off on national Black journalists organization after ‘personal hit job’ against him
News

One of world’s oldest orca whales found with possible shotgun wounds as officials launch investigation

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 18, 2026
News

Virginia man acquitted by insanity in killing flees US during 48-hour mental hospital pass

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 18, 2026
News

Saints first-round pick Jordyn Tyson could miss 2 months with hamstring injury from training camp

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey August 18, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?