By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: Congo team must isolate to enter United States for World Cup amid Ebola outbreak
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Congo team must isolate to enter United States for World Cup amid Ebola outbreak
News

Congo team must isolate to enter United States for World Cup amid Ebola outbreak

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: May 23, 2026 5:51 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published May 23, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Congo is dealing with an outbreak of Ebola, and executive director of the White House Task Force for the World Cup Andrew Giuliani said the Congolese national soccer team must isolate if they want to enter the United States for the global tournament.

The U.S. has told FIFA, the Congolese government and national soccer team, that they must isolate for 21 days in order to enter the country for the World Cup. The team is currently training in Belgium and is scheduled to play two warmup games there.

“We’ve been very clear to Congo that they should maintain the integrity of their bubble for 21 days before they can then come to Houston on June 11,” Giuliani told ESPN. “We’ve made it very clear to the Congo government as well that they need to maintain that bubble or they risk not being able to travel to the United States. We cannot be any clearer.”

“We want to make sure that there is nothing that’s going to come in or near our borders here on this,” he said.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been monitoring two American doctors who were in quarantine in Europe after being exposed to Ebola, Giuliani said. He said they have discussed sending staff to Belgium to check on the Congo team.

In Congo last week, they had a confirmed outbreak of Bundibugyo, a rare type of Ebola. It is thought to have killed more than 130 people, with nearly 600 suspected cases.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

Lens' DR Congo defender Arthur Masuaku and Malian midfielder Amadou Haidara training at Stade de France stadium

“If there are other people that are going to be coming in, they need to have a separate bubble from that team. If they end up coming, and any of those people end up symptomatic, they are risking the entire team being able to come and compete in this World Cup,” Giuliani said.

The CDC announced this week that all foreign nationals who had been in Congo, Uganda and South Sudan within the past three weeks would be banned from entry into the United States for 30 days.

Renaldo Cephas and Brian Cipenga fighting for the ball during a soccer match

The Congo canceled a planned farewell by the team to fans and a three-day World Cup preparation training camp on Wednesday.

Congo is in Group K and is scheduled to play Portugal in their opening game in Houston on June 17. Their next two games are against Colombia in Guadalajara, Mexico, on June 23, and Uzbekistan in Atlanta on June 27.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

House GOP spending bills pack billions in earmarks, sparking backlash from fiscal hawks

Iowa National Guard soldiers identified as victims in deadly Syria ISIS attack

Exclusive: Illegal immigrant released under Biden ‘catch-and-release’ allegedly kills driver in police chase

Iran’s internet blackout hiding strike damage and suppressing dissent, Israeli officials say

Tom Brady turns up heat on Logan Paul feud with explicit shot

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
You have a credit freeze. It still isn’t enough
News

You have a credit freeze. It still isn’t enough

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 23, 2026
Congo team must isolate to enter United States for World Cup amid Ebola outbreak
$108 Million Band-Aid: Why America’s Cold War Relic – THE HAWK SYSTEM – Is Being Sent to Ukraine
TandemKross TKX22 Woods Walk
6 Rifles Hunters Are Buying In 2026 To Cut Weight – Best Lightweight Rifles!
Castro indictment fuels speculation Trump may be reviving Maduro playbook against Cuba
Giants star Abdul Carter takes issue with teammate Jaxson Dart introducing Trump at New York rally
News

Giants star Abdul Carter takes issue with teammate Jaxson Dart introducing Trump at New York rally

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 23, 2026
Rendering All Others Obsolete: The HMS Dreadnought
Guns and Gear

Rendering All Others Obsolete: The HMS Dreadnought

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 23, 2026
DAVID MARCUS: Trump Derangement Syndrome isn’t mental illness, it’s mass hysteria
News

DAVID MARCUS: Trump Derangement Syndrome isn’t mental illness, it’s mass hysteria

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 23, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?