By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: 9 Iranian naval ships have been destroyed and sunk, Trump says
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
9 Iranian naval ships have been destroyed and sunk, Trump says
Tactical

9 Iranian naval ships have been destroyed and sunk, Trump says

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: March 1, 2026 7:16 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published March 1, 2026
Share
SHARE

U.S. President Donald Trump announced Sunday that nine Iranian naval ships have been sunk as part of combat operations against Iran.

“I have just been informed that we have destroyed and sunk 9 Iranian Naval Ships, some of them relatively large and important,” Trump wrote in a post on X, adding that Iran’s naval headquarters has been “largely destroyed” in a different attack.

“We are going after the rest — They will soon be floating at the bottom of the sea, also!” Trump wrote.

U.S. Central Command officials said earlier Sunday that an Iranian Jamaran-class corvette was struck by U.S. forces at the beginning of Operation Epic Fury.

“The ship is currently sinking to the bottom of the Gulf of Oman at a Chah Bahar pier,” the statement reads. “As the president said, members of Iran’s armed forces, IRGC and police ‘must lay down your weapons.’ Abandon ship.”

Three U.S. service members have been killed in action during combat operations against Iran, CENTCOM officials announced Sunday. Five more have been listed as “seriously wounded.”

U.S. B-2 stealth bombers struck Iran’s hardened ballistic missiles with 2,000-lb. bombs Saturday night, CENTCOM announced in a separate post Sunday.

Meanwhile, the U.S. military called the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ claim that it struck the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln with ballistic missiles a “lie” in a post on X on Sunday.

“The Lincoln was not hit. The missiles launched didn’t even come close,” CENTCOM said in the post. “The Lincoln continues to launch aircraft in support of CENTCOM’s relentless campaign to defend the American people by eliminating threats from the Iranian regime.”

The Lincoln carrier strike group is one of two U.S. aircraft carrier strike groups deployed to the region, alongside the Gerald R. Ford carrier strike group, as part of the largest buildup of U.S. firepower in the Middle East in a generation.

The assault by U.S. and partner forces began Saturday at 1:15 a.m., CENTCOM officials stated, with the goal of knocking out “the Iranian regime’s security apparatus, prioritizing locations that posed an imminent threat.”

Among the primary targets of the operation were Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps command and control facilities, Iranian air defense capabilities, missile and drone launch sites and military airfields, according to the statement.

The compound of Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei was also targeted in the operation. A senior Israeli official told Reuters that Khamenei was killed in the strike. Trump later confirmed in a Truth Social post on Saturday that Khamenei was killed in the attack, calling the moment “the single greatest chance for the Iranian people to take back their Country.”

At least 201 people have been killed and more than 700 injured across Iran, according to the Iranian Red Crescent Society.

Beth Sullivan is an editor for Military Times. Previously, she worked as a staff reporter for The Daily Memphian and as an assistant editor at The Austin Chronicle.

J.D. Simkins is the executive editor of Military Times and Defense News, and a Marine Corps veteran of the Iraq War.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Navy needs to improve fire safety enforcement on ships, watchdog warns

‘I did that until I ran out of gas’: An American advisor and his MoH actions in Vietnam

US Marine designs Corps’ first NDAA-compliant 3D-printed drone

The Only 8 Guns With ZERO Complaints You Need to See

Trump threatens to walk away from NATO

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
The Ebola Outbreak is More Concerning Than The Hantavirus
Prepping & Survival

The Ebola Outbreak is More Concerning Than The Hantavirus

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 20, 2026
DNA cracks 40-year cold case mystery with arrest in library worker’s savage slaying: police
‘Always push forward’: President Trump addresses Coast Guard Academy Class of 2026
Jon Stewart downplays late-night bias, insists Trump obsession is just a ‘portion’ of Colbert’s ‘joy machine’
US Marines board and redirect Iranian-flagged tanker amid ongoing blockade
Ebola Outbreak’s “Scale And Speed” Worry WHO, As Deaths Rise Sharply
7 Affordable Yet Quality Double Barreled Shotguns
TacticalVideos

7 Affordable Yet Quality Double Barreled Shotguns

Line45 Line45 May 20, 2026
Trump demands Senate parliamentarian’s ouster for axing ballroom security funding
News

Trump demands Senate parliamentarian’s ouster for axing ballroom security funding

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 20, 2026
Save big on the iPhone 17 and Galaxy S26 with these T-Mobile deals
News

Save big on the iPhone 17 and Galaxy S26 with these T-Mobile deals

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey May 20, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?