By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: US advances discussions on troops, sanctions in Nigeria
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
US advances discussions on troops, sanctions in Nigeria
Tactical

US advances discussions on troops, sanctions in Nigeria

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: November 22, 2025 8:00 pm
Jimmie Dempsey Published November 22, 2025
Share
SHARE

The U.S. is drafting a proposal that includes weighing possible military engagement in Nigeria, a senior State Department official said this week.

The discussion comes weeks after President Donald Trump threatened military action in Africa’s most populous country over the alleged persecution of Christians by Islamic insurgent groups.

The Trump administration may also choose to escalate its pressure campaign by less dramatic means, including through imposing sanctions, Jonathan Pratt, a senior bureau official for African Affairs at the State Department, testified to the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

The White House casts its overall objective as safeguarding religious liberties.

“The Trump administration is developing a plan to incentivize and compel the Nigerian government to better protect Christian communities and improve religious freedom,” Pratt said Thursday. “This plan will consider U.S. State and Treasury engagement on sanctions, as well as possible Department of War engagement on counterterrorism and other efforts to protect religious communities.”

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Dan Caine held high-level talks with a Nigerian delegation — led by its national security adviser Mallam Nuhu Ribadu — late Thursday evening at the Pentagon.

Hegseth emphasized the need for Nigeria to “demonstrate commitment” and “take both urgent and enduring” action to quell the violence against Christians, according to a Department of Defense readout.

The White House asserts the president has “made his position clear” on the complex situation in the West African country, which has long suffered violence at the hands of terrorist groups and violent extremists.

“I think Nigerians have an opportunity to deepen and strengthen their relationship with the United States if they will prioritize the protection of these communities,” Rep. Riley Moore (R-WV) said at a House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Africa hearing this week. “Of course, non-Christians are being killed too. [We’re] not saying that’s not happening, but there is a systematic, targeted campaign that’s happening here.”

Trump, in a Truth Social post earlier this month, said if Nigeria does not halt the alleged persecution of Christians, he may send troops “guns-a-blazing” to “completely wipe out the Islamic Terrorists who are committing these horrible atrocities.”

“I am hereby instructing our Department of War to prepare for possible action,” the president wrote at the time. “If we attack, it will be fast, vicious, and sweet, just like the terrorist thugs attack our CHERISHED Christians!”

Nigeria has denied the accusations of persecution, and called the Trump administration’s characterization of events a “gross misrepresentation of reality.”

Nigerian President Bola Tinubu insists there is religious tolerance, while acknowledging security challenges in the country affect citizens “across faiths and regions.”

Tinubu said he is committed to working with the U.S. and international community to protect communities of all faiths in Nigeria.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

11 INSANE New Guns Everyone’s Talking About – SHOT SHOW 2026 Just Changed the Game!

2025 Holiday Gift Guide: Gifts $32 to $44.99

Meet the WWII ace and Medal of Honor recipient who mastered the P-47

White House Just Sent A Message To Americans To Be PREPARED!

Adam Driver set to star as Medal of Honor recipient John Chapman

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
Federal court clears way for Ten Commandments to be displayed in Louisiana public school classrooms
News

Federal court clears way for Ten Commandments to be displayed in Louisiana public school classrooms

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 21, 2026
Crosby-Less Canadians Rally Past Finland To Punch Their Ticket To Gold Medal Game
Former Connecticut police chief arrested for allegedly stealing $85K in public funds
ICE arrests illegal immigrants convicted of child rape, sexual assault, drug trafficking
Undefeated boxing legend Floyd Mayweather coming out of retirement after nine years
State Department warns Americans of ‘extremely dangerous’ avalanche conditions across Europe
Corinne Stoddard breaks US women’s Olympic short track medal drought with bronze win at Winter Games
News

Corinne Stoddard breaks US women’s Olympic short track medal drought with bronze win at Winter Games

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 21, 2026
CIA retracts, revises 19 past intelligence assessments deemed politically biased
News

CIA retracts, revises 19 past intelligence assessments deemed politically biased

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 21, 2026
Kentucky Lyft driver charged with sodomy, kidnapping now faces federal immigration detainer
News

Kentucky Lyft driver charged with sodomy, kidnapping now faces federal immigration detainer

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 21, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?