By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: UK confirms joint airstrike targeting suspected ISIS weapons facility in Syria
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
UK confirms joint airstrike targeting suspected ISIS weapons facility in Syria
News

UK confirms joint airstrike targeting suspected ISIS weapons facility in Syria

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: January 5, 2026 9:06 am
Jimmie Dempsey Published January 5, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

British and French warplanes struck an underground facility believed to have been used by Islamic State militants to store weapons and explosives, the U.K. Ministry of Defence confirmed Sunday.

The strike took place Saturday evening in a mountainous region north of Palmyra, in Syria’s Homs province.

In a statement, the Ministry of Defence said Royal Air Force Typhoon FGR4 fighter jets, supported by a Voyager refueling tanker, operated with French aircraft to strike access tunnels leading to the underground site.

Paveway IV precision-guided bombs were also used in the operation. 

HERE’S WHERE TRUMP LAUNCHED AIRSTRIKES AROUND THE WORLD IN 2025: ‘PROTECT THE HOMELAND’

An assessment was ongoing, but initial indications suggested that the target was successfully hit, the ministry said.

Britain and France are partners in the U.S.-led Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS, which was formed to combat the extremist group after it had previously seized large areas of Iraq and Syria. 

U.K. Secretary of State for Defence Sir John Healey said the strike showed Britain’s determination to prevent any resurgence of Islamic State and to stand “shoulder to shoulder with our allies” against extremist violence in the Middle East.

WAR SEC. HEGSETH ISSUES STATEMENT AFTER TWO U.S. SOLDIERS KILLED IN SYRIA ARE IDENTIFIED

Syria strike.

The operation came amid continued U.S. military activity in Syria, where American forces have conducted counterterrorism missions in the country.

In December, the Trump administration also ordered large-scale U.S. strikes across central Syria.

This was in retaliation for an ambush near Palmyra that killed two U.S. troops and an American civilian interpreter.

HERE’S WHERE TRUMP LAUNCHED AIRSTRIKES AROUND THE WORLD IN 2025: ‘PROTECT THE HOMELAND’

Dignified transfer with Donald Trump saluting.

As previously reported by Fox News Digital, according to U.S. Central Command, ISIS remains an active and persistent threat despite sustained pressure from coalition forces.

CENTCOM said recent U.S. operations in the region have also targeted infrastructure and weapons sites across central Syria.

“We will not relent,” Adm. Brad Cooper, commander of CENTCOM, said in a statement on Dec. 30.

“We are steadfast in commitment to working with regional partners to root out the ISIS threat posed to U.S. and regional security.”

Fox News Digital has reached out to the U.K. Ministry of Defence for comment.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

HHS probes Minnesota’s use of billions in federal social service funds amid fraud concerns: report

Former TV anchor charged with first-degree murder in stabbing death of 80-year-old mother: DA

Trump says he believes Hegseth ‘100%’ on Venezuelan drug boat strike denial amid allegations

Christmas Tree Hunt 2025

Thune rejects Trump’s call to nationalize elections, warns Dems tried the same

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
US women’s hockey gold medalist Taylor Heise confident men’s team can defeat Canada at Olympics
News

US women’s hockey gold medalist Taylor Heise confident men’s team can defeat Canada at Olympics

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 21, 2026
Eric Dane’s friends launch $250K GoFundMe for daughters after ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ star loses ALS battle
Why Criminals Fear The .22 Magnum More Than You Think
Former Illinois governor slams Pritzker for ‘malpractice’ as Bears look to flee to red state
Why a credit freeze isn’t the end of identity theft
Slavery Lasted in the Antebellum U.S. Because the Federal Government Protected It
‘Miracle on Ice’ legend praises USA Olympic team for showing ‘same edge’ as 1980 squad: ‘You can feel it’
News

‘Miracle on Ice’ legend praises USA Olympic team for showing ‘same edge’ as 1980 squad: ‘You can feel it’

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 21, 2026
US military kills 3 in latest strike on a suspected drug vessel in the Pacific
News

US military kills 3 in latest strike on a suspected drug vessel in the Pacific

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 21, 2026
American Self-Propelled Artillery in World War II
Guns and Gear

American Self-Propelled Artillery in World War II

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 21, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?