By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: Oscar-nominated composer latest performer to pull Trump Kennedy Center performance over ‘conflict’ with values
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Oscar-nominated composer latest performer to pull Trump Kennedy Center performance over ‘conflict’ with values
News

Oscar-nominated composer latest performer to pull Trump Kennedy Center performance over ‘conflict’ with values

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: January 28, 2026 1:14 am
Jimmie Dempsey Published January 28, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

American composer and Academy Award nominee Philip Glass announced that he is pulling the world premiere of his Symphony No. 15, “Lincoln,” at the Trump Kennedy Center, claiming there was a direct “conflict” between his work and the institution’s current leadership.

“Symphony No. 15 is a portrait of Abraham Lincoln, and the values of the Kennedy Center today are in direct conflict with the message of the Symphony,” Glass said in a statement on Tuesday. “Therefore, I feel an obligation to withdraw this Symphony premiere from the Kennedy Center under its current leadership.”

“Lincoln” was originally going to be performed at the Trump Kennedy Center on June 12 and June 13. According to The Washington Post, the symphony was originally commissioned by the National Symphony Orchestra and the Kennedy Center in 2022 before facing several delays. It was later restored to the Center’s schedule as part of the “250 Years of Us” programming meant to honor the nation’s 250th anniversary.

CHEAP TRICK DEFENDS TRUMP-HOSTED KENNEDY CENTER PERFORMANCE AS A TRIBUTE TO KISS

In a comment to Fox News Digital, Roma Daravi, vice president of public relations at the Trump Kennedy Center, criticized the decision, suggesting that Glass was canceling due to political pressure.

“We have no place for politics in the arts, and those calling for boycotts based on politics are making the wrong decision. We have not cancelled a single show. Leftist activists are pushing artists to cancel, but the public wants artists to perform and create — not cancel under pressure from political insiders that benefit from creating division,” Daravi said.

Jean Davidson, executive director of the National Symphony Orchestra, also told Fox News Digital that the orchestra was not informed about this decision until the statement from Glass was released.

ACTRESS ISSA RAE CANCELS SOLD-OUT KENNEDY CENTER SHOW AFTER TRUMP NAMED CHAIRMAN OF VENUE

“We have great admiration for Philip Glass and were surprised to learn about his decision at the same time as the press,” Davidson said.

New sign at The Donald J. Trump and The John F. Kennedy Memorial Center For The Performing Arts

Glass was previously honored at the Kennedy Center in 2018 during President Donald Trump’s first term in office.

Glass is one of several performers or entertainers who have announced that they would be canceling shows at the Center since Trump took over as chairman in Feb. 2025.

GRAMMY WINNER ACCUSED OF CAVING TO ‘WOKE MOB’ AFTER KENNEDY CENTER CANCELLATION

In March, “Hamilton” creator Lin-Manuel Miranda announced that he would be pulling a planned production of his musical in protest of Trump’s leadership, saying he was “not going to be part of it.”

Additional performers began canceling their shows after the Kennedy Center’s board voted unanimously to rename the institution the “Trump–Kennedy Center” in December.

Donald Trump at the Kennedy Center

Kennedy Center President Richard Grenell has dismissed the cancellations, saying the artists involved were booked under what he described as the previous “far left leadership.”

“The artists who are now canceling shows were booked by the previous far left leadership,” Grenell wrote on social media. “Their actions prove that the previous team was more concerned about booking far left political activists rather than artists willing to perform for everyone regardless of their political beliefs. Boycotting the Arts to show you support the Arts is a form of derangement syndrome. The arts are for everyone and the left is mad about it.” 



Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Blizzard traps hundreds on Mount Everest as rescue teams race to save lives

DAVID MARCUS: White guilt, apathy fuel massive corruption in Minnesota

Blame Game: Republicans claim Schumer forced shutdown ‘because he’s terrified’ of AOC primary challenge

Major public school board simulates parent ‘terrorist’ attack after fatal accident kills student

RNC gets day at Supreme Court to challenge late-arriving mail ballots

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
Trump gives Iran 10-day ultimatum, but experts signal talks may be buying time for strike
News

Trump gives Iran 10-day ultimatum, but experts signal talks may be buying time for strike

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 20, 2026
Major fast-food chains roll out limited-time fish sandwiches for Lent: See the list
Navy eyes BAH increases, barracks updates to house more sailors ashore
Trump Would “Love” To Have China And Russia on The “Board of Peace”
Did Ruger Make a Better Glock 19?
Democrats cheer Supreme Court move blocking Trump tariffs — despite past support for trade duties
Sailor found dead at Naval Station Great Lakes
Tactical

Sailor found dead at Naval Station Great Lakes

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 20, 2026
The DOJ Is Going After Gun Laws the Same Way It Went After Jim Crow
TacticalVideos

The DOJ Is Going After Gun Laws the Same Way It Went After Jim Crow

Line45 Line45 February 20, 2026
Trump responds to Supreme Court ruling rejecting sweeping tariffs powers: ‘A disgrace’
News

Trump responds to Supreme Court ruling rejecting sweeping tariffs powers: ‘A disgrace’

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 20, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?