By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: Iran says US must ‘prove they want to do a deal’ on nuclear talks in Geneva
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Iran says US must ‘prove they want to do a deal’ on nuclear talks in Geneva
News

Iran says US must ‘prove they want to do a deal’ on nuclear talks in Geneva

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: February 16, 2026 3:45 am
Jimmie Dempsey Published February 16, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Iran claims it is open to compromise with the U.S. on a nuclear deal if the administration is willing to discuss lifting sanctions, a senior Iranian official said Sunday.

Majid Takht-Ravanchi, Iran’s deputy foreign minister, also said in an interview that the ball was “in America’s court to prove that they want to do a deal,” adding: “If they are sincere, I’m sure we will be on the road to an agreement.”

“We are ready to discuss this and other issues related to our program if they are ready to talk about sanctions,” Takht-Ravanchi told the BBC.

TRUMP SAYS NUCLEAR TALKS IN OMAN WERE ‘VERY GOOD,’ CLAIMS IRAN WANTS A DEAL ‘VERY BADLY’

Takht-Ravanchi’s comments came as Iran’s top diplomat traveled to Geneva for a second round of indirect talks with the U.S. delegation.

Abbas Araghchi left for the Swiss city following an initial round of negotiations last week with Oman again mediating the next round of talks, according to Iranian state media and the Associated Press.

U.S. officials, however, have emphasized that Iran — not the U.S. — is holding up progress in negotiations.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Feb. 14 that President Donald Trump would prefer to reach an agreement but warned it was “very hard to do” one with Iran.

Past diplomatic efforts had collapsed in 2025 after Israel launched what became a 12-day war with Iran and U.S. strikes on Iranian nuclear sites.

SCOTT BESSENT SAYS IRAN UNDERSTANDS ‘BRUTE FORCE’ AS TRUMP WEIGHS OPTIONS AMID NUCLEAR STANDOFF

Image shows the Natanz nuclear facility before it was largely destroyed by Israel.

But on Sunday, Takht-Ravanchi pointed to Tehran’s offer to dilute its stockpile of uranium enriched to 60% purity as evidence of its willingness to compromise, the BBC reported.

Asked whether Iran would ship its stockpile of more than 400 kilograms of highly enriched uranium abroad, as it did under the 2015 deal, Takht-Ravanchi said it was “too early to say what will happen in the course of negotiations.”

One of Iran’s main demands is that talks focus on the nuclear issue. “Our understanding is that they have come to the conclusion that if you want to have a deal you have to focus on the nuclear issue,” Takht-Ravanchi said.

Takht-Ravanchi also said the “issue of zero enrichment is not an issue anymore and as far as Iran is concerned, it is not on the table anymore.”

TRUMP SAYS IRAN ‘SERIOUSLY TALKING TO US’ AS MILITARY SHIPS HEAD TO MIDDLE EAST

USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier

Trump has since threatened further military action if a deal to curb Iran’s nuclear program cannot be reached.

The U.S. has also reinforced its military presence in the region amid heightened tensions and after spiraling protests across the country in December left thousands reportedly dead at the hands of the clerical regime.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Whistleblower alleges blue city jails hired over 100 illegal guards over several years

Commanders’ Treylon Burks wows NFL fans with incredible touchdown catch

Ole Miss-Lane Kiffin divorce takes another dramatic turn as athletic director seemingly backs players’ dispute

California school board meeting descends into emotional clash amid trans volleyball player controversy

UK ambassador to US fired over Epstein ties

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
Burglary theory in missing Guthrie case ‘ridiculously rare’ says law enforcement source
News

Burglary theory in missing Guthrie case ‘ridiculously rare’ says law enforcement source

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 16, 2026
Iran says US must ‘prove they want to do a deal’ on nuclear talks in Geneva
New Mexico mother accused of drowning newborn in portable toilet after giving birth
Man who burned Quran in London may get US asylum as case draws Trump administration attention
How to Make Freeze-Dried Meals
Brooklyn Beckham catches wrath for ‘weird’ Valentine’s Day post amid family war
Team USA men’s hockey goes undefeated in Group C, earns bye into next Olympic round after win over Germany
News

Team USA men’s hockey goes undefeated in Group C, earns bye into next Olympic round after win over Germany

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 15, 2026
Gwyneth Paltrow stuns in daring sheer ensemble at Santa Barbara International Film Festival
News

Gwyneth Paltrow stuns in daring sheer ensemble at Santa Barbara International Film Festival

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 15, 2026
Sturla Holm Lægreid wins third Olympic medal after tearful cheating confession goes viral
News

Sturla Holm Lægreid wins third Olympic medal after tearful cheating confession goes viral

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 15, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?