By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Pew PatriotsPew PatriotsPew Patriots
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Reading: Caribbean nation Dominica agrees to take US asylum seekers as Trump expands deportation deals
Share
Font ResizerAa
Pew PatriotsPew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Caribbean nation Dominica agrees to take US asylum seekers as Trump expands deportation deals
News

Caribbean nation Dominica agrees to take US asylum seekers as Trump expands deportation deals

Jimmie Dempsey
Last updated: January 6, 2026 8:30 am
Jimmie Dempsey Published January 6, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The U.S. has reached an agreement with the Commonwealth of Dominica that could allow some asylum seekers arriving at the U.S. border to be transferred to the Caribbean nation, per reporting by The Associated Press.

Dominica’s Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit described the agreement as “one of the primary areas of collaboration” between the two governments following recent U.S. entry restrictions imposed on Dominican nationals.

Skerrit said he has been in ongoing discussions with U.S. officials after the White House announced partial visa limitations announced on Dec. 16 but declined to provide details on how many asylum seekers could be sent to Dominica or when the transfers might begin. 

Skerrit’s engagement with U.S. authorities has led to what he called “careful deliberations of the need to avoid receiving violent individuals or individuals who will compromise the security of Dominica,” underscoring concerns about public safety. 

TINY PACIFIC NATION TO TAKE UP TO 75 DEPORTEES AS TRUMP ADMINISTRATION ACCELERATES MASS REMOVALS

Dominica’s government continues to publicly address the larger framework of U.S. travel restrictions, even going as far as to say it “continues its engagement with the United States Embassy in Bridgetown and the State Department in Washington … in an effort to reverse a decision announced by the White House to impose partial travel restrictions on Dominican nationals, effective January 1, 2026.”

The government then went on to clarify that U.S. authorities have said Dominican nationals who hold valid U.S. visas, including tourist, business, student and other categories, “can travel to the U.S. and its territories as is customary.” The announcement reaffirms that lawful travel will continue under standard immigration laws.

Flag of Dominica

According to the AP, the agreement reportedly conveyed that, much like similar pacts with countries such as Belize and Paraguay, the agreement follows broader U.S. efforts under President Donald Trump’s administration to encourage other nations to share responsibility for asylum-seekers.

TRUMP SAYS CUBA IS ‘READY TO FALL’ AFTER CAPTURE OF VENEZUELA’S MADURO

Some in Dominica’s political opposition say they are still waiting for answers. Thomson Fontaine, leader of the main opposition party, told AP that “the prime minister still has not told the Dominican public what exactly he has agreed to, in terms of the numbers of persons that are going to come to Dominica, where will they be housed, how will they be taken care of.”

Whale mural in Roseau, Dominica

Dominica has a population of roughly 72,000, and the announcement leaves many concerned about adequate resources for the island to absorb asylum-seekers, according to Fontaine.

Talks are still ongoing, but officials have so far said little about when the plan would start or how it would be carried out.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Bystanders seen confronting Australian gunman during ISIS-inspired deadly rampage

Russell Wilson not thinking about retirement, plans to play in 2026: ‘I know what I’m capable of’

Trump secures release of American trapped in Saudi Arabia for years over online posts

Meghan Markle shares romantic dancing video with Prince Harry alongside 2016 throwback photo

Trump responds to Charlie Kirk shooting: ‘We must all pray’

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
Former Connecticut police chief arrested for allegedly stealing K in public funds
News

Former Connecticut police chief arrested for allegedly stealing $85K in public funds

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 21, 2026
ICE arrests illegal immigrants convicted of child rape, sexual assault, drug trafficking
Undefeated boxing legend Floyd Mayweather coming out of retirement after nine years
State Department warns Americans of ‘extremely dangerous’ avalanche conditions across Europe
Corinne Stoddard breaks US women’s Olympic short track medal drought with bronze win at Winter Games
CIA retracts, revises 19 past intelligence assessments deemed politically biased
Kentucky Lyft driver charged with sodomy, kidnapping now faces federal immigration detainer
News

Kentucky Lyft driver charged with sodomy, kidnapping now faces federal immigration detainer

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 21, 2026
Conan O’Brien shocked after friends Rob and Michele Reiner were murdered after leaving his party night before
News

Conan O’Brien shocked after friends Rob and Michele Reiner were murdered after leaving his party night before

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 21, 2026
Drones ‘change everything’ about combined arms combat, US Army aviation chief says
Tactical

Drones ‘change everything’ about combined arms combat, US Army aviation chief says

Jimmie Dempsey Jimmie Dempsey February 21, 2026
Pew Patriots
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
  • Guns and Gear
2024 © Pew Patriots. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?